Importance of Eye Testing
Your eyes are one of your most important and trusted senses.
It is recommended that you attend a routine eye test every 2 years, unless you fall within a particular category whereby more frequent eye tests are necessary. Such categories may include:
- Children: Vision plays an important role in your child’s development. Most of what is learnt at school is presented to children visually. Do not expect children to tell you that they are experiencing visual problems. Click Here For more info
- Teens: Myopia / short sightedness normally develops during teenage years.
- 40+: Changes to vision are expected at the age of 40 and above.
- 40+ with a family history of ocular conditions such as Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that damage the optic nerve. At Optika Opticians we have invested in the latest diagnostic technologies in order to detect and monitor such diseases. We also work closely with a team of eye care specialists to make sure your sight is taken care of. Such instruments include Zeiss Humphreys Visual Field Perimeter and Nidek OCT.
- Diabetics: Diabetics are at risk of developing diabetic retinopathy, a retinal pathology due to uncontrolled glucose levels or longstanding diabetes. At Optika Opticians we have invested in the latest diagnostic equipment to detect and monitor the progression of diabetic eye disease. Such instruments include retinal / fundus camera.
- 60+: Yearly eye tests are imperative at this age as we screen for a variety of ocular conditions such as Cataracts, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration & Diabetes in addition to checking for any glasses correction needed.
Eye tests are important even If you feel your vision hasn’t changed as they not only reveal whether you need spectacle correction or not but also a thorough ocular health assessment is carried out which may reveal important information about your general health.